1. Start with an idea in your head, on a napkin, text, email, or leave yourself a voice message to capture your idea before it disappears!
2. Attempt for intellectual property protection, including provisional, design, nonprovisional or utility patent, and/or trademark.
3. Bringing your product to life-computer drawings (CAD), identify materials needed, and make a prototype.
4. Licensing-preparing for licensees and representation
5. Manufacturing-preparing for production and tooling quotes, broker representation.
6. Marketing- packaging, sales sheets, demo videos, preparing for the pitch to retailers, web and social media presence.
7. Making the decision of licensing and manufacturing and discussing distribution channels- box big retailers, catalog, as seen on tv, specialty retailers, online retailers, etc.
8. Increase your opportunities with your invention- get some press!
9. Enjoy the process and make some $$!
10. Start all over again!
Here’s to You and Your Big Ideas! You and Your Big Ideas-A Resource Guide for Inventors, Innovators, and Entrepreneurs By Brian Fried
For help with your invention, you can schedule a call with Brian Fried, Invention Expert, Consultant and Chief Invention Officer of Inventor Smart visit brianfried.com and inventorsmart.com. Check out the National Inventor Club where you can be a part of an inventor community, including entrepreneurs and service providers for inventors. www.nationalinventorclub.com
If you’d like to promote your invention and looking for some media coverage, schedule your interview on Got Invention Show. If you have a finished product now available or a prototype, show off your invention and tell us your journey!
Looking to learn more on inventing, take an online e-learning course, Learn How to Make Money with Your Invention, or individual classes on the topic you need at inventorclass.com
Shop for Inventor merch at InventorMart.com and be proud to be an inventor with all types of apparel and accessories, pillows, mugs, phone cases with designs to express your inner inventor!